COVID-19 Guardian Update 3/24/2020


As you know the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve. On Wednesday, March 18, Honor Flight Network, the national organization over all Honor Flight hubs, extended the ban on flights until May 31, 2020. As we expected, this would have impacted Flight 7 if we had left the May 5 date in place.

What we did not anticipate, however, was that HFN also initiated a ban on all gatherings, meetings, and fundraisers through May 31. This means we cannot hold guardian training or medical evaluations in May in preparation for a June 9 departure.

The Board of Directors met yesterday and voted to postpone the June 9 departure due to this restriction and out of an abundance of caution.

At this time we are tentatively setting the Flight 7 date at June 30, 2020.

Due to the fluidity of this situation, we are not notifying veterans at this time. You may update your veteran if you wish.

Veterans were promised communication on or about May 1, 2020, and we will stick to that timeline with a mailing to all veterans.

HFN has stated they will make a decision on June flights on April 15 and will communicate that to us. Once we have that decision, we will communicate to you with a final word on Flight 7.

It is important to note the flight has not been cancelled. We are only talking about postponing the flight until it is safe to travel.

Everyone originally selected remains on the flight – veterans and guardians.

Anyone who cannot make the new date should contact us for options.

Thank you for all you do.

We look forward to seeing you onboard Flight 7 in the very near future.